GWN7, one of Australia’s leading regional broadcasters, is looking for a Video Journalist.
Based in Albany and reporting to the News Editor GWN7, this position is responsible for originating, shooting, writing, interviewing and presenting information for our Monday to Friday news services. Specific responsibilities include: -
• Operating a video camera;
• Editing material on deadline for broadcast;
• Generating original story ideas for on-air and on-line presentation;
• Developing and maintaining contacts in the community;
• Interviewing story subjects;
• Story writing and voicing;
• Contributing to the GWN7 online content.
You’ll need to be a talented self-starter with a passion for news reporting, a high level of personal organisation and time management practices and commitment to your assignments and tasks. You’ll also need to have an understanding of broadcast law and a strong interest in regional issues.
As this position involves some travel, you will be required to hold and maintain a current Australian driver’s licence. You will be required to cover evening and weekend assignments.
To apply for this role, please forward written applications, including covering letter, resume and links to your showreel to: -
Applications close Friday 31 March 2017